Coming on Friday 18 November, Steeltoes & Stilettos is a unique fundraising event for tradies. It's a party with a serious message about the ongoing risks of asbestos.
The Master Plumbers and Gasfitters Association is one of the event sponsors. We strongly encourage everyone to join the fun and support this worthwhile cause!
About asbestos, the silent killer
Asbestos was used in over 3000 products and is still found in older public or commercial buildings and houses. Buildings constructed or renovated before 1990 are likely to contain asbestos in some form.
There is no known safe level of asbestos exposure. It is estimated that more than 4000 people die every year in Australia from asbestos.
About Steeltoes & Stilletos
Steeltoes & Stilettos is a fundraiser that brings the risk of asbestos to the big stage when tradies are dobbed in and sponsored to walk the catwalk with a model. It will be at the Hyatt Regency Perth on Friday 18 November.
The organisers are Reflections, a not-for-profit that reduces the impact of asbestos and brings hope to those affected. This unique industry event coincides with their campaign for this year’s National Asbestos Awareness Week.
Here's how you can get involved
- Dob in a mate – the highest fundraisers in each trade category will have the opportunity to strut their stuff with a model at the main event. There are heaps of great prizes up for grabs and the chance to be our Steeltoes Model Tradie of the Year.
- Register yourself – register and fundraise to support your own trade and your tradie mates.
- Donate – Donate to a tradie or a trade runway to raise funds that increase awareness of the risk of asbestos.
- Attend – Come along for a fun night out on Friday 18 November. Mingle with industry colleagues, Perthonalities and cheer on your tradie mates. Early bird tickets are available until end of September. There are a limited number of VIP booths available too.
- Partner – Are you a business owner? There are still a limited number of opportunities to put your brand on a runway, prize donations and more. To find out more, get in touch with Reflections.
We look forward to seeing you at Steeltoes & Stilettos on Friday 18 November at the Hyatt Regency Perth.