We are pleased to announce the release of our Cost Calculator Guide. We developed this powerful tool to help our members understand the true costs of running a business and decide how much they should charge.
With a trend for labour wage cost increases and business defaults among contractors and subcontractors, it is more important than ever to know your costs. Only then can you decide how to set hourly rates so you can make enough profit to pay your bills, earn a living and stay in business.
How do you know the answer to questions like these?
- What are all the additional costs when I employ a tradesman for $40, $42 or $45 per hour?
- What should I apply as a mark up on materials, plant hire or contracted services so that I am making a profit?
- What is the overhead cost of my business?
The Cost Calculator Guide can answer questions like this because it provides very accurate estimates of the following business costs.
- Actual employee costs per hour including vehicle costs and mobile phone / tablet use
- Vehicle cost per working hour
- Overhead costs
- Overhead percentage costs
How Association members can download their copy
To obtain the Guide, members should log into the members-only area and select 'Cost Calculator Guide' under Members' Resources (on the left-hand side of the page).
Calling for expressions of interest in a seminar on business costs
We are considering running a seminar in the coming months about understanding business costs and profitability. To register your interest in attending such a seminar, please send an email to email@example.com.