Report Illegal Plumbing

The Report Illegal Plumbing (RIP) initiative allows licensed plumbers and members of the public to submit confidential evidence of illegal, unlicensed or unsafe plumbing work. We will send this evidence to plumbing inspectors. If the work is found to be at fault, the aim is to get it rectified by the person responsible, commence legal action that may result in prosecution, or both.

We ask complainants to provide their details so we can contact them if we need more information or to report the outcomes of complaints and investigations.

RIP relies on solid evidence, so the more information provided the better. For example, inspectors will need a full description of the work including photographs if possible, the name and address of the person who did the work and the name of the property’s owner or occupier.

How to submit a report of illegal plumbing

Please download the Report Illegal Plumbing (RIP) form. After completing the form and attaching photographs and any other evidence, please send it to the email address on the form. If you need assistance, please call the number on the form.

Alternatively, you may report illegal plumbing directly to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety by using their plumbing complaint form.