Code of Conduct
For a printable version of this, download the Code of Conduct.
All members of the Master Plumbers and Gasfitters Association of WA must adhere to our Code of
Conduct, which outlines the high standard of business behaviour expected of them.
The Code is more than just a set of rules. It is the foundation of a spirit of ethical conduct that enhances the
plumbing trade, contributes to growth and success in all areas of plumbing and encourages the
development of personal and business attributes that support good commercial relationships.
All members should endeavour to ensure their employees also embrace the Code. This is because
everyone who works in a business owned by a Master Plumber is involved in the important task of
advancing the cause of quality plumbing that protects the health and safety of the community.
- All members shall be completely honest in all transactions. This includes, but is not limited to, avoiding the use of false or misleading advertising, false titles, ambiguous statements or misleading claims.
- All members shall strive for friendly co-operation with other members. They shall assist each other when possible, and no member shall criticise another’s workmanship, quotation or fees without first discussing the matter with them.
- All members shall acknowledge that in addition to being illegal, it is unethical for a licensed plumber to sign any document on behalf of an unlicensed person to enable them to perform plumbing work.
- All members shall encourage and foster the training of apprentices. Every member will, if practicable for them, employ an apprentice to ensure the continuation of the plumbing trade.
- All members shall recognise the authority of this Association and its Constitution in all matters relating to the interpretation of this Code.